Revitas revitalization of the Istrian inland and its tourism, is a cross-border project, which is financed by the European Union through the Programme for Cross-border Cooperation Slovenia-Croatia 2007-2013 (IPA Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance). There are 10 partners from both sides of the border included: City Kopar (Managing Partner), Istria region, municipality of Izola Municipality of Piran, Office for the Protection of Cultural Heritage of Slovenia, two racks Piran, Buzet, Porec, Istrian Tourist Board, community Svetvinčenat as the Vodnjan. The project is being conducted in the field of Slovenian and Croatian Istria in a period of 30 months. The finance expense is 1840362, 92 euros, of which 85% of the funds are IPA funds, while the proportion of partners is 15%.
- Development of the model of revitalization of the Istrian inland
- Development of integrated tourism products
- Improvement and renewal of the infrastructure for tourism, as well as renovation of cultural heritage
- Promote cross-border cultural exchanges and events to raise the level of consciousness of the public and other stakeholders on cultural and development potential of rural Istrian region.
- Elaboration of the methodology of the revitalization of rural area in joint cross-border workshops and field trips. The creation of a joint cross-border study of the model of revitalization of the interior of Istria, which includes: a) Method of renewal, the supply and promotion of the objects of cultural heritage, and b) method of revitalization of old town centers
- Preservation of the original dry stone construction through research at seven-day workshops in Vodnjan and Topolovac, as well as offering practical advice in addition to the visual presentation of the Trockensteingemäusers renewal.
- Revitalization of ways on certain issues, viewpoints, rest areas, as well as their inclusion in the integrated tourism offer. In the field of Slovenian Istria creation of three types of trails and 10 picnic areas. In the Croatian part of Istria creating 20 kilometers of bike and walking paths in the field of ethno-archaeological park of the area of Vodnjan, as well as their mark. Construction of five rest areas.
- Revitalization of historical centers: replacement of the square in Topolovac and the square tower of the castle Morosini Grimani Svetvinčenat.
- Organization of joint cross-border workshops in the period of sixteen days for managers of information centers for two months through four modules: sustainable forms of tourism, cultural tourism and identity, marketing and development of the destination and the non-material heritage.
- Organization of two three-day seminars for tourist guides in tourism employment agencies, entrepreneurs, local administration and the wider public, a total of 120 participants.
- Erection of 6 information centers in the Croatian and Slovenian Istria: Kopar-Sv.Anton, Piran, Izola, Poreč (Istrian country house of the Parliament), Buzet (old town), Svetvinčenat (Morosini-Grimani castle) and 20 info points with information kiosks.
- Organization of 23 events for the purpose of promotion of Istria as a unique tourism destination with the help of tastings of typical products for tourists, promotion and educational workshops and other events at the tourist centers and historical centers.
- Development of integrated cross-border promotion products; Photo monograph on frescoes in addition to a DVD, 2 six-speaking guides about old towns, as well as the cultural or natural sites in the interior of Istria, DVD about the project, folders, postcards, posters, bookmarks, reprint the brochures of the project Heart of Istria.
- Creating an internet site of the project
- Holding of 12 joint conferences for journalists recording and sending two promotion spots
Ljubljana Walking Tour (Walking Tours)
eBooks (Travel On The Dollar)
Tours to Croatia2010-09-13 10:10:47 by alltravelplans
We are travel agency located in Bay Area and we work with Local Tour operators from Croatia.
We can arrange Land Tours typically 10-20 people traveling in Group, you can choose options 5-14 days, also available options are with air fares.
I would recommend most popular Tour from Venice Italy through Slovenia Croatia and return from Dubrovnik Croatia.
We sell discounted air tickets to Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia, and Italy
You might also like:
Peter Geoghegan: Slovenia falls from grace — Scotsman
“I had no real collateral for a deal of that size,” Kordez, who is currently appealing a conviction for forgery and abuse of office, told the New York Times recently. “Just my house, a few hundred thousand euros, a smart business plan and my reputation.”.
Rick Steves' Croatia and Slovenia
Book (Avalon Travel Publishing)
Lonely Planet Discover Europe (Full Color Multi Country Travel Guide)
Book (Lonely Planet)
Bulgaria, Eastern Turkey, Slovenia and Croatia (Rick Steves' Europe)
Video (Back Door Productions)